Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 three column layout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jackbox
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - February 28 2004 :  15:59:04  Show Profile  Visit jackbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One of the biggest probs for me is actually sorting out layout. Whilst it works well enough in its raw state, from a users point of view, VP-ASP is not ideal. Theres a lot of flicking from page to page to drill down for items. I created a layout that comprises left and right and menus and ideally want the entire shop to sit in a central column and always have the left and right menus on display wherever the user goes - that way they can access any area they want.

Has anyone got close to this kind of layout yet?

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 28 2004 :  19:10:28  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In your asp pages, use the traler and headers with left and right menu properly will do what you are looking for. header can have the top and left menus while the footers can have right and botton, so you asp pages will be sorrounded. I think VP-ASP already has the headers and footers templates for this but for the professional looking templates, you can get it from someother sources such as ecardstudio.com.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 29 2004 :  05:05:12  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd do what siraj suggests, too;
Just get a more gui-looking html template, and paste it in halves between the vpasp header+trailer files, making sure you include your vpasp functions as appropriate (to show category poplists etc if you want to).

Lots of people want a nice easy way of maintaining their main "frames" (not really frames, but table-cells) for their surrounding areas, and I'm curious if any vp-asp users out there would be willing to pay a small amount (say $10-$50) to get a bolt-on where you could maintain your surrounding "frames" (top/left/bottom/right) as separate files, with the relevant "splitting" done for you, where you could more easily resize the frames etc. Would anyone want something like that ? Maybe have an asp page where you could enter your frame sizes (as points or pcts)/backgrounds etc and it'd generate the necessary html for you that you'd put in your header/trailer files etc.

One of my clients (samburu.com - they sell some truly cool stuff!) sell packingslip and froogle-feed bolt-ons for vp-asp, and we'd be happy to create a bolt-on for being able to easily code-up/maintain these "frames" - would anyone be interested ? We'd add quite a few options on there, such as just viewing the frames by using different coloured backrounds so you could see where the frames go and how big they are etc (and hence resize them before you plug in your actual content). Loads of potential options; if anyone's got any thoughts on it then I'd be happy to build in people's requirements etc.

We'd try and make it so that you don't need any html knowledge and that you can just enter your required sizes into a form and it'd do everything for you.

Go to Top of Page

Amanda
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - March 01 2004 :  00:38:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
email me directly [email protected] for a solution

quote:

One of the biggest probs for me is actually sorting out layout. Whilst it works well enough in its raw state, from a users point of view, VP-ASP is not ideal. Theres a lot of flicking from page to page to drill down for items. I created a layout that comprises left and right and menus and ideally want the entire shop to sit in a central column and always have the left and right menus on display wherever the user goes - that way they can access any area they want.

Has anyone got close to this kind of layout yet?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00