Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Category Template doesn''t work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tyrone
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - February 27 2004 :  02:02:56  Show Profile  Visit tyrone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I changed these values to:

xcategoryusetemplate = Yes
xcategorydisplaytemplate = tmp_categorytemplate.htm

I have made a small modification to tmp_categorytemplate.htm by adding my name in bold red text just to confirm that I am modifying the correct file.

I go to shopdisplaycategories.asp and it seems that there is no change.

Is there anything more I must do in order for the changes to be visible.

Present state of play: http://www1.cdos.com
Type of display I aim to achieve: http://www.ebuyer.com

Thanks for your time - hope you can help.

Cheers
Tyrone

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 28 2004 :  05:38:10  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
did you reload your configuration after changing the values ? that's normally the problem when such changes don't appear.

Go to Top of Page

tyrone
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - February 29 2004 :  16:52:39  Show Profile  Visit tyrone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

did you reload your configuration after changing the values ? that's normally the problem when such changes don't appear.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have reloaded the shop config and still no joy.

Cheers

Tyrone

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 01 2004 :  08:38:41  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i can't think of anything that would make this happen, so if I were you I'd put some debug messages in the files to see which path of logic it's going through; you'll then find what bit's going wrong and hence be able to fix it.

Just alter shopdisplaycategories.asp and temporarily add loads of lines like:

Response.Write "CodeGotHereTest1<br>"

inside the ShowCategories() function and the FormatCategoryTemplate function.

(make sure you take a backup copy of the file first so you can just revert it afterwards).

Have you tried loading the actual template file directly from your browser ? it might be that your server doesn't have the most recent version of the file available (eg if the host uses server-loading etc, in which case no matter how many times you upload the new file to the server, the version you'd see from ftp would be different from what's on the actual server that's being used on the web).

Edited by - devshb on March 01 2004 08:40:33
Go to Top of Page

tyrone
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - March 01 2004 :  10:30:42  Show Profile  Visit tyrone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks,

I found that information very helpful.

Tyrone
www.wannaweed.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00