Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Calling objects from the code not from htm?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - February 19 2004 :  14:50:23  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Currently,
[formatbutton sub] & [FormatProductOptions sub] are being called from the tmp_productformat.htm

I need the ability to call them from the shopdisplayproducts.asp

How would I do this?

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 19 2004 :  17:51:24  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These controls are are for our template display facility. They are automatically part of our standard product displays and you do not need to do anything with them.

All these controls do is simuate what is already in our standard product formatting

Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - February 19 2004 :  18:04:18  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Wayne,

If you did want to do something with them aside from the default uses of them, as support mentioned, all you need to is place the name of the sub in the code where you want to call it from. An example of how this can be found in shopproductformat.asp, at line 32. There is a call for 'FormatButton' there that will, well, format a button.

The formatbutton and FormatProductOption subs are in shopproductformat.asp (~line 327) and shopproductfeaturesgenerate.asp (~line 31), respectively. You can look at those bits of code and see exactly whats going on inside the sub routines if you need.

I hope that helps.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: