Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Remove space below category name
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IfOnly
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - February 16 2004 :  06:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.select-sports.co.uk/shopping/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=10&cat=Cricket
I find the layout a bit confusing, removing th espace immediately below the heading so that the image is directly underneath it would more associate the title to the image.
I have tried altering the <b> and <p> tags in shop$clors.asp under catergories but it has not worked.
Can anyone tell me how to do it please?
Thanks Phil

Regards

Phil

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - February 16 2004 :  09:27:11  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Phil,

I'm not sure if you meant <br> when you typed <b> in your post. In any case, <br> is likely the tag you will want to use in place of a <p>. They break the line while <p> tags create new paragraphs, which result in taller spaces between the lines. I'm not sure if that helps but without actually seeing what you have its hard to say.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

IfOnly
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - February 16 2004 :  11:30:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.select-sports.co.uk/shopping/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=10&cat=Cricket
Sorry I meant to replace the <p> with <br>
The code from shop$colors.asp relating to categories is below; if you look at my link above you can see that the cricket ball image is sitting closer to the cricket batting pads than its own title:
' Categories
const CatHeader="<b><p align=center><font face='arial,verdana' size=2>"
const CatRow="<TR bgColor='#FFFFFF'>"
Const CatColumn="<TD valign=top><p align=center><b><font face='tahoma,arial,verdana'>"
Const CatTable="<table border=0 cellpadding=0 width='60%' cellspacing=1 bordercolor='#BB0000'>"
Const CatColumnEnd="</font></b></p></td>"

Regards

Phil
Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - February 16 2004 :  13:10:04  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Phil,

Why don't you use templates for your categories? It would make things a bit easier on you in the sense that you could use your WYSIWYG editor to format them rather than editing the code in shop$colors.asp to get things as you want them. Is that a possibility?

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

IfOnly
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - February 16 2004 :  13:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote