Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 how to do database back ups
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - January 27 2004 :  19:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone want to teach a newbie how to do back ups I have full access to my server it is a windows 2k NT I want to do back ups of the shopping cart and everything else including my database I have never done this and dont know how it is done. Do I need some sort of software or can I just download it to my harddrive and put it on a cd that way

Please Help!!

Amanda
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - January 27 2004 :  20:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just download it to your hard drive

quote:

Anyone want to teach a newbie how to do back ups I have full access to my server it is a windows 2k NT I want to do back ups of the shopping cart and everything else including my database I have never done this and dont know how it is done. Do I need some sort of software or can I just download it to my harddrive and put it on a cd that way

Please Help!!

Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - January 27 2004 :  20:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well that seems very easy but how? Where do i go in the computer to download it? I am not very familier with this..

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - January 27 2004 :  23:44:33  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, There are so many ways you can get the fiels and database from the hosting compnay to your computer. You can use any ftp program to do that too. As you are not familiar with, the simplest way to use the browser.
Steps.
1.Type in your browser address bar: ftp://yourdomainname.com and hit enter.
2.You will have to enter user name and password.
3. You will see a directory something like, www and doble click on that and see there may more folders. Just drag and drop those into your desktop. Always its not the case, you will see the www directory but something similar to that.
Thats it.
Note:
Make sure that you have ftp account and your ftp services is already started.
Problem:
If your database is SQL then you need to use SQL EM to back up but you can ftp the files.
GOOD LUCK.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - January 28 2004 :  11:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey siraj thanks for reply!

Yes database is SQL how do you EM to back it up?

Go to Top of Page

GTM
VP-CART New User

USA
122 Posts

Posted - January 28 2004 :  17:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can download a free ftp program from this site. They will all do the job as for ftp programs, I found wsftp is probally one of the easiest to use.

http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=wsftp&tg=dl-2001&search=+Go%2521+

Greg

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - January 28 2004 :  20:09:58  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If your Db is SQL server, then you need a little experice with SQL server. But I have writen down the necessary steps to do that. If you need a ny help, buzz me at [email protected] There are many ways to do this but I have listed done only one.
1.Download the microsoft SQL Server Evaulation Version at www.microsoft.com/download
2. Install on your PC.
3.Once you are done with installation go
Start-->Programs-->Mircosoft SQL server -->Enterprise manger
4.Right Click on the SQL Server group -->New SQL SErver Registration
5. Follow the instructions. In this case you the hosting company SQL server ip or domain name, database name, user name and password.
These thing you can find at shop$config.asp file
6. Once you are done with that you will see your database at left pane of the window.
7 Again right click on your db and select Backup. Follow the instruction.
You will be done.
If you have any problem, dont hessitate to buzz me at [email protected].
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00