Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 ADODB.Recordset.1 error ''80004005''
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

StevenWWinters
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - January 23 2004 :  11:23:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The following is an error I reported to VP-ASP tech support. Their response is at the bottom, basically it's an OS/database issue. The web host is saying it is a "design" issue and refers you to there paid support.

If anyone has seen this and has suggestions, I'd appreciate from hearing from you. I've got a feeling that it's a mysql parameter that needs "tuning".

===== Problem Description =====
When navigating, you frequently get the following or similar errors. I clicked on the main page and then clicked on a link or two before hitting the shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1 link which errored out.

===== ERROR =====

ADODB.Recordset.1 error '80004005'

SQLState: S1000
Native Error Code: 2013
[TCX][MyODBC]Lost connection to MySQL server during query

shopproductsubs.asp, line 373

----- Clicking refresh brings up this error again.

===== ERROR =====

ADODB.Recordset.1 error '80004005'

SQLState: S1000
Native Error Code: 2013
[TCX][MyODBC]Lost connection to MySQL server during query

shop$db.asp, line 461

----- Clicking refresh again, brings up the desired product display. This seems to happen fairly frequently. I've done some testing and the db rights appear to be ok, otherwise you would never get the product display at all, I suspect.

This is a new site and I'm not sure it has ever worked properly.

Thanks for you assistance.

Steven W. Winters
[email protected]

NOTES
-----------
[1/23/2004 5:56:00 AM - support1]
This is not a VP-ASP problem as such. VP-ASP relies heavily on the underlying operating system and database drivers.

If you do a search on google for the error message, you will see it is quite common whether you are running PHP or ASP and I could find no definitive solution.

I suggest you pose this question to your web hosting company to see if they have a solution or you can ask on our forum at www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

support3
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - January 23 2004 :  13:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Unfortunatly it is impossible for us to guess what exactly is causing intermittent system problems such as this one.

The error message means that the MySQL database server is dropping the database connection midway during a query. You would need to ask your web hosting company to find out why the MySQL server is intermittently dropping the connection during querys.

Please see the following web article as it may help your webhosting company find the solution to this problem:
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/13/1999/7/0/2484985/

Radek Rekas
VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - January 23 2004 :  20:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive spoken to Steven by email and the solution that solved this Issue for me about a year ago , solved it for Steven tonight.
Radek I feel this issue should now be included in manuals as its not an isolated case.

SOLUTION:

The VPASP manuals tell you:

In the shop$config.asp file it should read ......
const xSQLServer="127.0.0.1" ' MYSQL Server name or IP address

CHANGING TO :
const xSQLServer="localhost" ' MYSQL Server name or IP address

Thankfully solves the problem INSTANTLY

PAUL

PS: this issue was solved for me by MARK , http://www.host4.me.uk
I highly recommend this company

Edited by - bluesky on January 23 2004 20:47:25
Go to Top of Page

StevenWWinters
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - January 26 2004 :  10:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had intended to post the fix but Paul (bluesky) beat me to it. (Thanks again Paul!) Google and the internet are incredible. In the interim, I forgot the newly created password to this forum (imagine that!).

I agree that this issue should be well documented as the fix is trivial but the consequences are not. Can anyone say why the setting of "127.0.0.1" caused the intermittent connectivity problem and the "localhost" setting cured it? It would be interesting to know if it is platform dependent. The configuration I'm dealing with follows.

Thanks again.

Steven...

=====

ASP - Active Server Pages
Vendor: Sun Microsystems / Chilisoft
Version: 3.6.2

Database
Name: MySQL
Version: 3.23.58

Operating System
Name: Linux
Vendor: Red Hat