Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Looking for Add-Ons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ncoppola
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - January 18 2004 :  19:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm looking to see if anyone might have the following add-ons:

1. A complete transaction management facility for Verisign that would allow for captures/voids/credits, etc. to be integrated back into the VP-ASP system for a complete history.

2. A solution for customer service - whereby administrators can setup customers and record orders made by phone, fax, etc.

I'm interested in hearing how people are handling the integration between their online and offline business...

3. A solution for generating shipping labels/packing slips, etc.

Thanks In Advance,

- N

Jill
VP-CART Super User

USA
249 Posts

Posted - January 18 2004 :  19:56:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
N,

Big Yellow Box has developed a packing slip. I bought it and it's very nice. The address is:
http://www.samburu.com/shopexd.asp?id=1663

And I think someone has done a shipping label mod, too, but I don't remember where to find it.

HTH,
Jill

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - January 18 2004 :  23:15:34  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have been doing the integration between the offline and online. The requirements are:
This is for big scale companies and we can develop whole Extra net application using VP-ASP.
1.Your online db should on SQl server and offline can be any other databases like SQL, Oracle,Progress or even old dbs.
2.You need to own a server
If you are looking in small in scale, there are couple of folks integrated Quickbooks into VP-ASP and it works great.
For your second requirement I can help you out with offline and online integration. if you need any help, mail me at [email protected]
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

Edited by - siraj on January 18 2004 23:20:14
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  14:58:30  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our Packing Slip & Invoice utility for VP-ASP sites has now had various enhancements added to it, which will hopefully make it even more useful and easy to use for vp-asp users.

You can view more details about it, and/or purchase it through:

http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=18

also, if you like this, you might also like the Froogle Feed File Creator add-on:
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=18

The enhancements that have now been applied to the slip are:

1. Page-Breaking
----------------
The new version of the slip now allows you to have optional page-breaking, so that if a slip spills over to more than one physical printed page then you can get it to repeat the header and show page numbers.
See the comments in the config files for more details (this is option number 16 in the new config files).

2. Product Features
-------------------
For some merchants, product features are essential for the slip/receipt to be valid (for example, a merchant that sells clothes would need the size included). Product features are now shown by default in the order-items box if they are relevant to the product that's in the slip.

3. Product Description Line
---------------------------
Different merchants may want to display the product description in the order-items box slightly differently, so we've centralised the relevant function and added comments so that you can easily customise it to show the product code/description/features etc in the format that you want.
This is the FuPackingSlipSetupProductDescText function in the main shopa_packingslip.asp/shopa_custpackingslip.asp files (near the bottom of those files). Change this function if, for example, you want to show the product name but not the code etc.

4. Country Codes
----------------
Some merchants don't use the vp-asp country-code poplist, and instead just allow free-format text for country names - the country codes file (shopcountriesutils.asp) has been changed so that if the country code isn't in the standard vp-asp list of country codes then it'll show the code instead of the description; this allows it to work with either the vp-asp country codes or free-format text without you having to make any changes to the programs/data.

If any customers who purchase the slip find that you need to customise the slip programmatically (ie not just changing the config options, but changing the actual programs), then please let us know as we may apply such customisations to our generic slip for you and then give you a free update, as per the above 4 new options that have all been added by us thanks to feedback that we've received from customers.

A big thanks to all of our customers who have given us feedback so that we could improve the slip for the whole vp-asp community - such feedback is always welcome and is always seriously considered/applied, as you can see by this new update.

If you have any problems, questions, or feedback regarding the slip, please feel free to email us at:
[email protected]

Many thanks.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
BigYellowZone.com

Edited by - devshb on March 02 2004 16:03:21

Edited by - devshb on August 20 2004 13:41:12
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: