Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Changes in Admin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smartjaws
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - January 18 2004 :  14:18:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to be able to change the colors in admin first of all.

Secondly, the most important thing, while adding products, I need to show only a few selected fields on the adding page, not the whole table. Cause it scares me when I visit that page. And to explain every field to my boss will be hectic, because I don't understand most of them either. Whats the easiest way to do that?

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - January 18 2004 :  16:11:53  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The colors in the admin area combination of settings in shop$colors.asp (mostly the ones labeled for 'Reports') and the header and trailer files (shopadmin_header.htm and shopadmin_trailer.htm).

For less fields on the product add/edit page, set the xproductaddsimplemode variable to 'Yes' in the configuration settings. That will show only the essentials and spare you all the rest.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

smartjaws
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - January 19 2004 :  15:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You very much Jon, Just one more thing if its possible, I would like to be able to change the headings and labels on that page.

I mean "catalogid ccode cname cdescription cprice ccategory" don't sound standard labels. on page shopa_editdisplay.asp.

Thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - January 19 2004 :  17:59:31  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure thing.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to label the fields displayed on the shopa_editdisplay.asp page. That page pulls in the field names from the table you are editing (which can be any of the tables in the database) and uses those field names for the column headers. Given the way the shopping cart is set up, I'm not even shure its possible to do that without some serious re-tooling.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000