Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Probs upgrading?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PranK
Starting Member

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - January 12 2004 :  06:20:25  Show Profile  Visit PranK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am upgrading to 5.0 from 4.5.
I have been sitting here after running convert500.asp with convert500access.txt - the progress bar is moving extremely slowly - how long should this take.

And in a few comments to the makers - this is a stupid system and more info needs to be put in the $upgrade.htm file as to what people should expect - not just what they should do.

Has anybody else done this or had it take forever? (I've been waiting 10mins or so) - we have over 1000 products, if its to do with db size.

Christian

Blah!

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 12 2004 :  12:59:48  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The utility should be instantaneous. My guess is that you have run into the following.

There is a known problem with Norton Anti Virus installed and trying to read files. We read files when templates are used. I believe you may have run into this situation (that is our guess)

Norton AntIvirus will cause reading files to "hang" your
system. That is the symptom you are having.

Please see this Microsoft Knowledgebase Article

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q295/3/75.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=FileSystemObject%20hang&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=MSALL

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - January 12 2004 :  22:17:12  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you have opened your access db or any table on access db is opened , it might slow down the process.
Note to Prank:
There are billions of people and everyone expect different thing. If you gonna list down the expectations, $upgrade.htm file will be of billions of pages... Are you ready to read all those!!!!
KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid - its a software theory!
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

Edited by - siraj on January 12 2004 22:19:59
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00