Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Cart remebers removed items
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bretneal
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - January 02 2004 :  10:57:30  Show Profile  Visit bretneal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am customizing my page, and I created a tool bar with flash, and ever since then.....

When you have items in your cart and remove them , it appears they were removed. When you view cart, they are still there, but when I go to check out my cart is empty like it is supposed to be. I view cart again, and they still show up... I refresh my browser and they are the gone like they are supposed to be. I have tested on 3 computers and they all do the same thing.

Any thoughts?

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - January 02 2004 :  13:51:56  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So, if you empty the cart, and click 'view cart' the products still show up. The checkout page says cart is empty. Then if you 'view cart' and refresh the page they dont show up? Is that right?

If thats the case, it sounds like you have a cache problem. Is that flash toolbar you mentioned stroring/caching the cart information and causing the page to do that? Can you post a link where this is happening so we can see whats going on?

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

bretneal
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - January 02 2004 :  21:50:44  Show Profile  Visit bretneal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
www.stoneymesa.com

Yea that is about right..... I would assume the same, but cashing where? I do not see how the flash bar is caching it is just hyper links. That is what is confusing. I played with a the original cart software and it did not have this problem.

That would leave me to believe it is something I did in the config. But it is some times hard to find settings, and do not even know I effected something until well after I cheanged it.

Any thoughts. Give it a try.

Go to Top of Page

bretneal
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - January 02 2004 :  22:41:21  Show Profile  Visit bretneal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I went into my IE 6.0 and changed my temporary internet files settings from Auto to check for newer version of a page with every page visit.

This solved it, but it was still never a problem until I added the flash. But I am mystified as to why it would be an issue. The view cart link in my flash is URL=http://www.stoneymesa.com/cart/shopaddtocart.asp

In the old header it was href=http://www.stoneymesa.com/cart/shopaddtocart.asp

I do not believe this is of major concern, am I wrong?

Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - January 03 2004 :  06:25:56  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's odd. It's something about that flash file that's causing the page to be cached. Think of this: the only page that shows the cart as being empty when it should be empty is the page you haven't visited yet. All of the other ones (that you have already visited) still show the cart as having products in it, even though there arent any. And all the pages you have visited have the flash element in them. Thats a pretty clear indication of a caching issue.

To work against that you can add something to the head of your shoppage_Header.htm file that will prevent it from being cached:

<%Response.Expires=0%>

Just add that to the very top of that file and that should do the trick of not allowing the files to be cached. It is basically telling it to expire as soon as it is served. That should force it to get a fresh version of the page next time its viewed. Try that and see if it solves the problem.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

bretneal
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - January 03 2004 :  11:53:22  Show Profile  Visit bretneal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That did it!

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00