Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 how do I integrate my .mdb?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nother
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - December 19 2003 :  08:16:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got the .mdb (microsoft access file) from the guys that set up the shopping cart initially, and a .ldb that i believe the site is currently using?

How do I refresh the configuration with my own .mdb file? I've changed stuff around and its crucial that I do this. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks already :)

Edited by - Nother on December 19 2003 08:17:47

Edited by - Nother on December 19 2003 08:18:38

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - December 19 2003 :  17:40:00  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All you need is the .mdb file. The .ldb file keeps track of users and the objects that require some form of locking in the database. The .ldb file is created on the machine the database is located on when the database is opened and is closed down and destroyed when all users have exited from the database. I'm surprised they sent you that. You can most likely ignore that file.

About configuring your database: Are you trying to use a different database than the one that is configured now? The location and other settings for the database are in the shop$config.asp file. Change the necessary stuff there, save, and upload it to your host and that should take care of it.

Does that help? I hope it does.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

Nother
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - December 22 2003 :  09:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually I've taken out the .mdb, and everything still works the same. When I add products and change things, where is it saving this information? Also, is it xdblocation that determines where the .mdb file is?

The reason for doing this in the first place is that I need to change the fields in the products table. Can I do this through the vp-asp admin pages?

Thanks so much for the help!

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - December 22 2003 :  09:39:31  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
You are right in place where it is saving the canges. xdblocation is the db files it the changes are saved.
You add or edit table in admin pages by simply hitting Edit table and selecting the whatever table you want to.
GOOD LUCK.
Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - December 22 2003 :  12:38:37  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, if you took out the .mdb and it still works then either A) the .mdb you took out isn't the one thats actually running the site, or B) your site isn't using an access database (MS SQL perhaps?). But, Siraj is right, the xdblocation variable is the location of your database.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000