Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 I need Fedex but I use SQL 4.5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meldrape
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - December 09 2003 :  18:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Anyone who uses SQL instead of Access in 4.5 and wants FedEx as well has to do the following;

To use your version 4.5 shopfedex.asp file you would need to change line 105 of from:
OpenOtherDatabase dbc, xFedexdb,xdblocation,xdatabasetype
to:
OpenOtherDatabase dbc, xFedexdb,"",""

Courtesy of Radek in support.

Edited by - meldrape on December 09 2003 18:29:55

james2005
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - December 23 2005 :  15:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Radek, thank you for the information.

I wish to use the fedex.mdb database as it is the only fedex database available from the AddON, my problem is my store(VPASP606) is running on MySQL, and evrytime it excute the fedex.asp, it was trying to find "countries" table from the MySQL database instead from the fedex.mdb.

I did change the setting in fedexconfig.asp as below
const xfedexdb="fedex.mdb"
const fedexdblocation="D:/inetpub/httpdocs/database/"
const xfedexdatabasetype="MSAccess"

The MSAccess is the DSN i configure at ODBC setting for MS Access Driver, and the connection to the fedex.mdb was tested successful for this DSN.

I also found that in Amin Menu, under Advanced, there is a field xotherdatabases, (as explained,it is used with xothertables. It lists the database names in which those tables can be found. If left empty, then the other tables are assumed to be in the same database as the products. ) So, i set xotherdatabases=fedex.mdb and xothertables=countries....But it still look for "countries" table in MySQL database which is of nor existance .....
very much grateful if someone can help or give some hint where to troubleshoot it further..

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00