Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 NLA /Discontinued products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - November 26 2003 :  12:48:19  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
Is anyone dealth with NLA ( No Longer Available) Product or discontinued products with VP-ASP?

Edited by - siraj on November 26 2003 12:49:13

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - November 26 2003 :  13:48:40  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi siraj,

Yes. I have dealt with that. What's your question? Maybe I can help.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - November 26 2003 :  16:39:33  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
currently I am dealing with the products of 27000 and I think there atleast 5000 products are NLA. The only way, I know wheather its NLA or not is by product class. If a products belongs to product class, say 10, its NLA item.
I know there is a flag in product table of VP-ASP field "hide" will do this job by set to YES and prevent from displaying of the products.
BUT, what I wanted to setup is, people can see becuase we provide replacement product information right there but we dont want user to buy.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - November 28 2003 :  21:25:58  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Siraj,

Well, you could do a number of things to help you keep control over those items. The first thing that comes to mind is to use the "stock control" features of the shopping cart. For the products that are 'NLA', simply set the stock to '0'. Make sure you set the config settings to check the stock, and adjust the 'Out of Stock' message to reflect your particular situation: "Item is Out Of Stock or No Longer Available." That way, the items are still very much a part of your inventory and your customer can still browse through them, but if they are out of stock, they cannot be purchased. Sounds like thats just what you need.

You could also come up with some other combination of things such as using one of the 'pother' fields in the products table to flag or mark a product as 'NLA'. That would be more complicated though.

Will the stock control suit your needs well enough? I'd try that first.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - November 29 2003 :  02:15:27  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
I can setup the stock control but only problem we goona have is, when stock reached to 0, cusotmer cant buy it. We need customer able to buy even if below the stock in hand, we will provide some info to cutomer, "Back Order, Still do you wanna Order" and upon the YES request, shopping will continue.
If I stock control configration, NLA item, will also be available for "Back Order". Both are conflicting each other! I need to find some kind of alternatives to NLA! Any hint!
Thanks.
SIRAJ.
Go to Top of Page

candude
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - May 13 2004 :  16:02:45  Show Profile  Visit candude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
let me know if u have come up with solution?

thanx
Alex

I either want less corruption or more chance to participate in it.
Go to Top of Page

searley
VP-CART New User

169 Posts

Posted - May 14 2004 :  06:12:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use the stock control feature for exactly this purpose

it is possible to setup su that it is not possible to order and out of stock product - it is also in the same setup possible to have the number in stock NOT to be reduced during the sale

This way i use either 1 or 0

1, people can puchase
0, people can not purchase

the settings i have in stock control are

xcheckstocklevel = No
xoutofstocklimit = 0
xstockcontrol = No

--
Quality Printer Consumables
http://www.inkcarts.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic