Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Shopping cart calculation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dfisheratt
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - November 03 2003 :  09:42:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a need to base a shopping cart on four seperate budgets. The general idea is that a company will put it's promo items, literature, displays and other misc. items on a web shop. Then, the sales reps will each get a set budget per category which they should not be able to go over.

I have already created a table in the db (sql if that matters) called budget and linked four budgets called cat1,cat2,cat3 and cat4 to each user ID. I figured I would use the actually category ID's to determine which budget is linked to which category for ease of integration. I will eventually add the code that automatically creates these entries upon creating a new user. I have also created a page that can display the remaining balances in a table from the users services menu.

My problem lies in checking the balances against what is being placed into the cart.

I have created a page that will, upon checking out and finalizing the order, deduct the totals from the budgets. However, by then, it is too late if the sales rep went over budget. The order has been placed , and the email has gone out to the fulfillment center.

I am trying to figure out how the cart is calculated and perhaps use a select-case or an if-then-else statement to break the cart into four categories with seperate subtotals or even four separte carts if need be.

I have some coding experience, and can usually read through the code and figure it out, but I am confused here(to the credit of those wrote this cart, I am very indebted to you for commenting your code. For the most part, I have been able to do quite a bit without much help.) Feel free to use technical terms or code examples. I really appreciate any help at all.

Thank you,

Dennis

Edited by - dfisheratt on November 03 2003 09:45:48
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00