Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Page load in Netscape browsers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marketwave
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - October 21 2003 :  22:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if there is a way to speed up the loading of product pages (shopdisplayproducts.asp) with Netscape. IE starts displaying the page content as it loads, however with Netscape, no content is displayed until all page content is loaded. I'm using v4.50.

Thanks
Shiran

arte
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - October 22 2003 :  01:55:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a major problem of tables I'm afraid and hence the move away from table layouts (except where appropriate) to CSS for layout. The browser loads all data in the table before displaying it - not much you can do about it in my opinion except try having fewer products per page with options for the user to increase the number at their wish example and code here... http://208.17.144.14/testsite/

Go to Top of Page

marketwave
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - October 22 2003 :  23:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Setting the width and height of the images increased the speed tremenously. There is also recommendation to set the width of the tables. This worked because the browser did not have to wait to figure out the size of the image and tables. By given it the size, it is able to put a place holder and move on (displaying the non-image content).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00