Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 License Key and localhost
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willy99
VP-CART New User

Italy
108 Posts

Posted - October 08 2003 :  09:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear all,

if I want to test my version of vpasp500 on my pc running IIS 5.0 (i call the site with http:\\loaclhost\xyw )what I need to do with the license key?
What I need to put into the domain name when I ask for obtain the license key?

And another question if one day I need to change the address of my hosted website (i.e from www.abc.com to www.xyz.com) what I need to do with license key in order to use VPASP?

thanks.

Habitue
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - October 08 2003 :  10:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a good question Willy.

Maybe someone in the forum may know, but you probably will acquire a faster response it you contact support directly:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

or

http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp

Please post the info here if you go that route :)

Good luck!

~Habitue~

----------------------------------
"I've heard that it's good to think before you speak..." - TBC
Go to Top of Page

aworldwide
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - October 21 2003 :  19:48:16  Show Profile  Visit aworldwide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, two weeks later, any one of you two have an idea yet on how to get a different key?

for me, it's more like i would setup the shopping cart on a temp domain, configure the complete cart, then swich DNS over to the clients domain.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

Go to Top of Page

Habitue
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - October 21 2003 :  20:44:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is possible to obtain 2 License Keys . One for the actual domain, and another for a test domain. That much I knew before (http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_licensekey.htm#Testdomain)

I thought the scenario presented by Willy would provide more clarification to forum readers in his situation. I, myself, obtained a test domain first and uploaded the production site, since I'm on a Mac.

Don't know if Willy ever resolved his situation, or just did not post the info (probably the latter). The best thing to do, when in doubt, is to contact support.

Peace,

~Habitue~

----------------------------------
"I've heard that it's good to think before you speak..." - TBC

Edited by - Habitue on October 21 2003 20:46:05
Go to Top of Page

lynch
VP-CART New User

USA
74 Posts

Posted - October 22 2003 :  16:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

What I need to put into the domain name when I ask for obtain the license key?
And another question if one day I need to change the address of my hosted website (i.e from www.abc.com to www.xyz.com) what I need to do with license key in order to use VPASP?

For the first question, you'd just use "localhost" as the domain. I'm doing something similar right now with the store I'm developing. I'll get my second key later, when the store is ready to move.

For the second situation, you might just get in touch with the VP-ASP people directly.
Go to Top of Page

willy99
VP-CART New User

Italy
108 Posts

Posted - November 08 2003 :  12:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear all,

here the answer to my question by the support:

You would need to re register a new license key if you decide to change domain names.

I hope it will be free.

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - November 11 2003 :  16:40:49  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are running in your localhost, you dont need license key at all for for Version 5.0 But if you are moving domain to domain then you can just get the license key by going to the link

www.vpasp.com/license.asp
You will need three things
The VP-ASP Order number.
You e-mail address when you ordered VP-ASP
The domain where you are planning to run VP-ASP Then
The license key is automatically e-mailed to you immediately

PS.You will need to enter the domain name exactly as you type in your browser to get to the site.

SIRAJ.
Test2test.com

Edited by - siraj on November 11 2003 16:44:32
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00