Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Sales Tax
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cliffw
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - October 03 2003 :  12:46:39  Show Profile  Visit Cliffw's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a sale yesterday and it came through as Non tax when it should of been taxed. I looked at sale and in the State field the customer had put Georgia instead of GA. The app disregarded Georgia and sent it through as non tax as it did not match the two letter state code in xtaxstatename.

I went to the admin and entered GA,Georgia thinking this would fix it but get a server error when it sees more than a 2 letter state code. Is this a bug?

Cliff Whitney

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 03 2003 :  17:25:19  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please set the Shop Configuration Option
xincludeStates=Yes

this forces the customer to select from a list of standard state abbreviations

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

Cam
VP-CART Super User

Australia
361 Posts

Posted - October 03 2003 :  23:55:41  Show Profile  Visit Cam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What if you accept orders from outside of the US as well though?

If you need to say ship to my suburb of Fulham in the UK but the site is in the US and in Georgia how do I let them know my suburb is Fulham if they have set the State to be a US drop down list?

Sorry Howard, I just had this one thrown at me so am curious if there is a simple solution.

Cheers,
Cam

Cam Flanigan
YourVirtualStore Sales
e-mail:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp
web: http://www.yourvirtualstore.net

Build you own YourVirtualStore!!!
www.yourvirtualstore.net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic