Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 shop$language_english.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wrap
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - October 02 2003 :  11:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have made edits to it. The changes dont seem to show up on the site even if i did a reload configuration. Any ideas?

revrat
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - October 02 2003 :  13:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you also reset the Language? I seem to recall running into that as well at one point.

Configuration/language/Reset then make sure you select the language you want to reset.

Go to Top of Page

alla
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - March 03 2004 :  11:26:59  Show Profile  Visit alla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bringing back an old topic here, but I'm running into the same problem. Changes made to shop$language_english.asp are not reflected on the web. I have tried resetting the language in configuration with no results.

Any other ideas?

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - March 03 2004 :  16:39:15  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are using VP-ASP 5.0 you need to edit database. Log into admin pages and Languages and Edit lanagauges, search for what you wna tot edit. The caption is the one you wanna edit.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 03 2004 :  17:40:45  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_language.htm

For various methods of updating language captions

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

GronToo
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - April 26 2004 :  16:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made changes in shop$language_english.asp first & uploaded it. This didn't work so I went in the backend and updated, reloaded configuration, and reset the language. STILL not showing changes. I've even done a search through all my files for the old string of text that keeps popping up and find it nowhere.

i'm trying to change LangCust01 and some of the other stuff involved with the cart checkout process. No luck!

Whats going on? Thanks!

Edited by - GronToo on April 26 2004 16:34:46
Go to Top of Page

GronToo
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - May 05 2004 :  09:03:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any changes I make to the languages table, even after refreshing the languages and configuration, never shows up on the actual site. Does anyone know the solution?

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - May 06 2004 :  22:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is covered in the faq listed above by support and in sections 33.5 and 33.6 on pages 106 and 107 of the VP-ASP V5.0 Developer's guide available at: http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasp500developer.pdf

However, I agree its not clearly stated. It took me an hour or so to figure it out after multiple tries. I finally used the method described in section 33.6 with success. Here's the full explanation:
Assuming you are using v5.0:
1) After editing shop$language_English.asp and uploading it to your server, login as a shop administrator.
2) Click on "Languages" (by default, this is item 32 on the first screen)
3) Click "Add Language"
4) Fill in "shop$language_English.asp" for the file name
5) fill in the language = "English" (Assuming this really is the language you are changing)
6) Merge with database = yes
7) hit the "Convert Language" button

That's it!

I think it is actually easier to edit it directly in the database using the method described in section 33.5, but I fealt it would be good to keep all the files up to date.

Nathan

Go to Top of Page

GronTooo
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - May 12 2004 :  13:43:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah hah! Thank you! I wonder why this is the only way I got it to work.. you would think changing the fields in the language table and resetting the language would be enough.

Anyways, thanks for the help!

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - May 13 2004 :  22:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're welcome GronToo and GronTooo!

Perhaps Support can add the detailed step by step instructions I listed to the documentation so it will be clear for others.

Edited by - greatphoto on May 13 2004 22:38:49
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00