Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Advanced: Handling Charges
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

napstulik
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - September 23 2003 :  22:45:16  Show Profile  Visit napstulik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have finally completed my first vpasp site but I ran into one problem. There is an option to add a handling fee, which is $7 in my case. I also have 2 shipping options. One for local deliveries and one for FedEx. Does anyone know where I can insert an IF statment not to charge the $7 fee for local deliveries.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Eleonora

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - September 16 2007 :  19:15:21  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I ran into this problem, and here is my solution.

In shophandling.asp, look for

Handling=0
(around line 13 in v6.5)

and replace it with

dim ocostshipping
Handling=0
If ocostshipping=0 then
exit sub
End if

Seems to be working for me.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

ymsmike
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - February 07 2008 :  17:08:24  Show Profile  Visit ymsmike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See I'm of the same mind, only I need to add $1 for handling if people select USPS shipping (to cover delivery confirmation). How can I do this, or add this specific code to do so?
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - December 07 2008 :  23:41:32  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use the above code, plus xhandlingprice=1.00. I really use handling for insurance charges, so I went into languages and changed 'handling' to 'insurance'. Now my program charges 1.00 insurance for all usps packages, and 0.00 for any pickup options.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00