Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Email for Price?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ethan
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - February 19 2002 :  12:41:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am working with a retailer that has very strict MAP (minimum advertised price) guidlines. He sells for much cheaper..but cannot advertise the price on the site without some type of communication. Has anyone created a system that says 'email for price' and sends an email with the price automatically.

Thanks
Ethan

octapc
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - September 27 2005 :  01:02:25  Show Profile  Visit octapc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am in the same boat, except in this case it is for me. MAP is now becoming prevailent and I need a fix soon.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 27 2005 :  05:12:36  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess it depends on what's regarded as "Communication" in this instance (eg would a popup-window that comes up when they press a [Show me price] button suffice, or does it have to be done by email etc ?)

If a popup window would be acceptable, then you could just put a call to a new little asp which picks+shows the price in a popup.

If emailing is needed then you could also do that via a popup called from the template (so the user doesn't leave the page) where they enter/confirm their email address.

Whatever happens, you'd need to change your template, and create an additional asp file for the processing.

I'm curious; are these map rules a usa, australian, canadian (or other) set of laws/rules ? Are there any other vpasp users out there who need the same thing ?

If there's a demand for it then we could build an addon for it.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)