Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Sorting Products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

druen
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - August 13 2003 :  22:20:36  Show Profile  Visit druen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to change the sort method to something other than the default of cname. I would like to use cprice but then the displayproducts page keeps give me an error. Any ideas on this one?

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ORDER BY items must appear in the select list if SELECT DISTINCT is specified.

/showroom/shop$db.asp, line 460

Edited by - druen on August 14 2003 12:41:13

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 10 2004 :  11:40:11  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm getting this in 5.5 too; I've tried adding the cprice to the config fields relevant to sorting/searching/selecting, but that didn't make any difference.

It just doesn't seem to like the cprice field for some reason; maybe it's something to do with the fact it's a number field rather than a text field.

I'm unsure if this is also happening in access or if it's just a sqlserver issue.

Has anyone else found a solution for this ? It'd be great if someone could post a reply if they've already fixed this as the underlying logic is very complex/involved to debug and would take ages!

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

shopcomputer
VP-CART New User

USA
57 Posts

Posted - December 26 2004 :  16:02:26  Show Profile  Visit shopcomputer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On my system cprice works, however cstock gives that error, any solution would be appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

pmarsh
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - September 16 2005 :  06:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had this problem for sorting on the pother2 field.

I fixed it by editing shopproductcreatesql.asp

In Sub GetProductFields (dbc) change:

strproductfields="p.catalogid" to

strproductfields="p.catalogid, pother2"

pother2 being any field in the products table.

Clear session variables before testing.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00