Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Custom user forms and orders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

R_Johnson
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - July 09 2003 :  19:16:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just recently purchased VP-ASP and so far I have been very impressed with the flexibility and completeness of the package.

One of the main reasons for choosing VP-ASP is that it comes with the source code and can be modified to suit our needs. I am having trouble, however, sifting throughout the code to try and find what to modify. I'm hoping that someone here will be able to provide some guidance.

For our shop we need to add a "membership" checkbox and a "membership number" field in the user details form.

If the customer is not a member, they will incur a 50% price increase of the total cost of the order (including shipping). This should be shown when the user is asked to verify the order (shopcreateorder.asp - I think).

If someone could give me a description of which files to modify and how in order to get this working, let me know here, or drop me an email at Richard.Johnson(at)physiotherapy.asn.au

Thanks in advance,

Richard

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 09 2003 :  20:20:52  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would probabaly do this other way. You can set-up customer types (see customer based pricing). When a customer logs in, the type can be automatically set. Therefore you do not need for the customer to select anything. If you need the member number, use our customer other fields facility defined in the Developer's gUide. No coding chnage is required for this

I shophandling.asp you can check the session variable session variable customertype. If set then they are a member. Otherwise you can add a non member surcharge as in the handling fee.

session("customertype") is customer type
shophandling has the amount being ordered to do the surcharge

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

R_Johnson
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - July 09 2003 :  20:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks!

I'll let you know how I go.

Go to Top of Page

goldenheart
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - April 11 2006 :  20:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, customer type.

When user is purchasing membership - one customer type
When user signs up for newsletter - another customer type
when user buys course - another customer type

Can customer type change depending on the actions of the user?
say if user signs up for membership, then buys course, customer type changes?

So, I can then use this customer type to check whether user is paid member, recieves newsletter, or has purchased course and give or deny them access accordingly?

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00