Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Let''s get busy!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

webpro
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - June 26 2003 :  13:38:40  Show Profile  Visit webpro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all

Just like to introduce myself - I'm a web designer in the UK and have been 'doing the rounds' looking for the best ASP shopping cart to use for the platform for a client.

VP ASP is the best I've found, so I've decided to go with V.5 - my client has a pretty demanding brief, and many of the 'must-haves' are already in this software.

I've got a few very neat features to add and customisations to make, all of which I'll be happy to share.

I'm away for a long weekend but will be making a start next week - then it's full steam ahead and going for a mid August launch.

Any fellow developers out there will be welcome to pitch in, I think I'm going to need all the help I can get!

rodney
VP-CART New User

USA
75 Posts

Posted - June 27 2003 :  00:21:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to VPASP
This is a member help member type forum so anything you need just ask one of us might know the answer and if not support is in the background waiting to help. The one thing I can tell you beyond everything is that VPASP Support gives 110% they are the best I have ran across in my years of Internet Development.

I welcome you - and look foward to chatting with you again

Rodney Payne, United States
quote:

Hi all

Just like to introduce myself - I'm a web designer in the UK and have been 'doing the rounds' looking for the best ASP shopping cart to use for the platform for a client.

VP ASP is the best I've found, so I've decided to go with V.5 - my client has a pretty demanding brief, and many of the 'must-haves' are already in this software.

I've got a few very neat features to add and customisations to make, all of which I'll be happy to share.

I'm away for a long weekend but will be making a start next week - then it's full steam ahead and going for a mid August launch.

Any fellow developers out there will be welcome to pitch in, I think I'm going to need all the help I can get!

-Rodney
Web Site Now Technologies, LPP
Go to Top of Page

carolinagirl
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - June 27 2003 :  11:56:53  Show Profile  Visit carolinagirl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I too have a very demanding client and all his needs are covered in this application except one and I would love any help I can get on this topic---he wants a different shoppageheader for his 5 different main categories. That is the only snag I have left to launch his project.

[email protected] please email me any suggestions!

Go to Top of Page

webpro
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - June 29 2003 :  17:38:52  Show Profile  Visit webpro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

The feature you describe is also required by my clent - I have a few ideas on this and it should be straightforward to do.

I'll be making a start on my project tomorrow and will let you know a bit more in the next few days.

Dave

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 29 2003 :  18:07:42  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is not abig project. The category id is passed to shopdisplayproducts.asp

You need need to replace
shoppageheader with
DoMyheaders cat_id

Create a subroutine at the bottom of the file

Sub domyheaders (categoryid)
select case categoryid
case "1"
%><!--#include file="header1.htm"--><%
case "2"
%><!--#include file="header2.htm"--><%
case else
shoppageheader
end select
end sub

This has not been formally tested

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

rodney
VP-CART New User

USA
75 Posts

Posted - July 03 2003 :  01:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been able to get this to work, I made the changes but now I get error 500 when I try to go shopping

quote:

This is not abig project. The category id is passed to shopdisplayproducts.asp

You need need to replace
shoppageheader with
DoMyheaders cat_id

Create a subroutine at the bottom of the file

select case categoryid
case "1"
%><!--#include file="header1.htm"--><%
case "2"
%><!--#include file="header2.htm"--><%
case else
shoppageheader
end select
end sub

This has not been formally tested

VP-ASP Support

-Rodney
Web Site Now Technologies, LPP
Go to Top of Page

Davidwarnold
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - July 29 2003 :  06:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You cannot use include statements mixed with asp as the include files are included before any asp code is executed. Hence the case statement will not work.

Go to Top of Page

Agravane
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - July 29 2003 :  17:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe you could just open shopheaders.asp and add extra sub routines for each category. Example paste this below the last line in shopheaders.asp:

Sub MyCategoryHeader1
%>
<!-- #include file="MyCategoryHeader1.htm" -->
<%
end sub
%>
Sub MyCategoryHeader2
%>
<!-- #include file="MyCategoryHeader2.htm" -->
<%
end sub
%>

Then use the subroutine in shopdisplayproducts.asp "support" posted above but twinked just a little like so.

select case categoryid
case "1"
MyCategoryHeader1
case "2"
MyCategoryHeader2
case else
shoppageheader
end select
end sub

Just a thought, sorry but I have not tested this before making the post.

Go to Top of Page

dipetersen
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - August 15 2003 :  10:19:52  Show Profile  Visit dipetersen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is real easy provided you are using IIS5 or above.

Setup - make sure you have a default page "shopheader.htm" that will be shown when no categoryID exists. Then have a "shopheader[n].htm" for each categoryID. Here is the easy part:
<%
dim header
header = "shopheader" & categoryid & ".htm"
Server.Execute(header)
%>

You could modify this code to check categoryID for a value but if categoryID is null then the shopheader.htm would execute. Each shopheader page would have to be self contained (see http://msdn.microsoft.com help on Server.Execute).

Regards,
David Petersen
d.i.petersen consulting
http://www.dipetersen.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00