Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Adding subcategories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AOlcott
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - June 13 2003 :  21:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a simple question but I can't figure it out. How do you add subcategories?

Thanks from a new user.

Andy Olcott

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 14 2003 :  01:17:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A subcategory is simply a category that has a highercategory. When you add subcategories simply select the higher category on the add category page.

For performance purposes, you must all tell VP-ASP that the higher category has subcategories. This allows VP-ASP to generate a subcategory hyperlink as necessary

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

AOlcott
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - June 14 2003 :  09:45:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

telesites net
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - August 02 2003 :  21:30:54  Show Profile  Visit telesites net's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I must be missing something. I have done this and my subcategories still do not show up. Is there somewhere to turn on and off subcategories?

Is it because I am using the tmp_categorytemplate.htm if so what needs to be changed in there?

EDIT ---

I found this bit in the forum for the tmp_categorytemplate.htm file:

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" width="100%">
<tr>
<td valign=top align=center>
[FORMATIMAGE SUB]
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align=center valign=top>
[FORMATHYPERLINKS SUB]
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign=top align=center>
$ [catmemo]
</td>
</tr>
</table>

This does exactly what we wanted to do except we do not want the words "products, subcategories" to show up. Just click on the link and it takes you to the subcategories like the top category does now.

Or if we could get the subcategories to all list out under the main category that would be fine too.

EDIT AGAIN ----

Doing very well at answering my own questions here tonight by just spending more time looking through the forum posts.

I found this:

Open your online config and go into Products 2 and set xcategoryproductsonly to Yes.

That did it. I will leave this here in case anyone else has the same issues.

Thanks!

Edited by - telesites net on August 02 2003 21:52:52

Edited by - telesites net on August 02 2003 21:59:13

Edited by - telesites net on August 02 2003 22:00:20
Go to Top of Page

ole1kanobe
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - November 28 2003 :  15:15:02  Show Profile  Visit ole1kanobe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am having the same problem, no sub cat's are showing up, instead all of the products in the sub cat's are being dumped into the top level, instead of being in thier respective sub cat's.
I checked the above xcategoryproductsonly setting and it is already set to yes.
The funny thing is that it was displaying sub cat's just fine until today, when it just stopped doing it. I haven't even changed anything in the config files to prompt this to happen.
Strange stuff.
Support have any info on this???

Go to Top of Page

ole1kanobe
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - December 27 2003 :  23:49:26  Show Profile  Visit ole1kanobe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
?

Go to Top of Page

Habitue
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - December 28 2003 :  16:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try emailing support directly. You may not get a response from them in the forum. If necessary, they will probably request your FTP info and URL to pinpoint the issue.

email: [email protected]
or
http://www.vpcart.com/virtprog/helpdesk/logon.asp?URL=/virtprog/helpdesk/default.asp

Good luck!

peace,

~Habitue~

----------------------------------
"I've heard that it's good to think before you speak..." - TBC
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)