Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Force 1 payment option over another? How?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SherlockHolmes
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - February 11 2002 :  09:16:33  Show Profile  Visit SherlockHolmes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a problem that I'm hoping someone else has already developed the fix for (although it's not really a bug). I have both Paypal.Com and my merchant account (2Checkout.Com) as payment options in the store. That's fine for most items, but I sell custom designed/carved coats-of-arms rings and other jewelry. The prices are fairly high (approx $500 and up) and I do NOT want my customers to be able to choose my merchant account (2Checkout.Com) as they force me to offer a 30-day money back guarantee for any reason. Unfortunately, as the jewelry is custom made for one client with his/her preferred arms, clan badge, or other image on it, we cannot offer a money-back guarantee as it would never sell to anyone else. (We do correct any mfgr's defects, if any ever arise.)

So, I need my payment page to offer Paypal ONLY if items from a specific category is in the shopping cart. Howard can program this for me for $70/hour, but as a small business, I'm hoping someone else knew enough ASP to have done this already. ANYONE? Maybe even suggestions to try?

With many thanks,

Rev. Sherlock S. Holmes, D.D.
www.SherlockHolmes.Com
[email protected]

Sherlock S. Holmes, D.D.
The SherlockHolmes.Com Family of Websites

www.SherlockHolmes.Com
www.BakerStreetMarketplace.Com

Sherlock S. Holmes, D.D.
The SherlockHolmes.Com Family of Websites

www.SherlockHolmes.Com
www.BakerStreetMarketplace.Com

rksymons
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - February 17 2003 :  05:25:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I too am in need of the same exact code. I have some customers that are on terms net 30 and some that are strictly C.O.D. I would like the ability to restrict the customers to thier particular terms.

Right now I have Net30 and C.O.D as payment options and and my C.O.D. customers are able to select net30 as a payment option.

Ditto! I have some that are cash only, COD check only, etc. Did anything ever get developed for this, or did you guys agree to split the cost, as some later poster suggested?

rks

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 11 2004 :  23:48:42  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi.. If anyone need solution to this issue, please email me.
[email protected]
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00