Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Displaying a Separate Form for Services
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gary
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - May 19 2003 :  00:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a service where we do not the know price (the user has to call in). It is the only "product" in it's Category.

How can I have this "product" go to another html web page instead of displaying the default one for a product. I tried the advice below but this seems to be for the Extended description; I am talking about the basic product link.

"tmp_product.htm is the default template for an individual extended description. This can be overriden by putting a different name in the template field for a product."

Ken Moyer
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - May 19 2003 :  15:32:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having the same problem, several posts down. I also wish to list a form as a product. Unfortunately my post hasn't had much activity, but I still need an answer. It seems that to get this to work you will have to give up using the default product layout and just use the html templates for ALL your products even though you only need one to use the template. It seems that version 5.0 will let you define templates per category which would (maybe) fix both our problems but I do not know when it will be available. I hope someone can help us with this dilemna.

Go to Top of Page

Gary
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - May 19 2003 :  22:22:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess one idea is to completely bypass VPASP and simply put a link on your home page directly to the service page. I will try that if nothing else is available.

Go to Top of Page

Ken Moyer
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - May 19 2003 :  23:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That may work for you but what if someone searches for your "product"? That's where my site breaks and I can only offer an extended description link instead of the form I wish to show. Also you'll need to integrate info the cart needs to process the order as well as process the form separately. Could be some in-depth ASP programming there. Let me know how yours goes and I'll do the same.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00