Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart 8.00 Issues
 Direct import of products into SQL Server
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bardentech
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - October 13 2016 :  00:12:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I''m trying to migrate from an old site and wanted to import directly into the sql server database the products. I''ve done that and have inserted the appropriate records into prodcatagories table as well as updated the category on the products table. However, the products don''t show up on the site unless I go into the admin page under products, click on the product and then just update. When I view the products table and prodcategories table after the update is pressed, there''s no differences in the sql server tables. Is there a 3rd table that gets updated when you click "Update" in the product admin page that I''m not finding?

bardentech
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - October 13 2016 :  02:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rethinking it, could this be an indexing problem with sql server? I initially had this issue when I started building the site in sql express. When I upgraded to the full standard, the problem went away. Since then I had to dump the products and reimport them into the database after doing work on the file. Since then, the products don''t show up unless I manually open each one in the products section of the admin area and click update as stated above.

Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

squirrel
VP-CART New User

USA
73 Posts

Posted - October 13 2016 :  02:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bardentech

What version are you migrating from?

I recommend that you run the upgrade wizard instead.

Also, when you are importing... ensure that the hide field is set to 0 and you will need to have category id''s listed in level5 field if using VPCart import process. So, the prodcategories table are updated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Daniel

Be Happy Always
Go to Top of Page

bardentech
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - October 13 2016 :  07:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started with a clean version of 8.1 and imported the data directly into sql server. Hide is set to 0. As I said, all I do to get the products to show up is open it in the admin page and click update. When I view the products and prodcategories tables after doing this, no fields have been changed yet it shows up now.
Go to Top of Page

swampthink
VP-CART New User

106 Posts

Posted - October 19 2016 :  07:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did you reload shop configuration from admin configuration page?
Go to Top of Page

danielrichardson
VP-CART Super User

Australia
276 Posts

Posted - October 19 2016 :  07:37:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
better you submnit ticket to support for investigate
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: