Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Has anyone used this product for Quotes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eddieeddie
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 13 2003 :  17:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone used this product for Quotes? What I am after is this: A customer chooses the product, then submits it for a quote. Once I email the price back to my customer, he/she retrieves the data and this time around buys it using credit card or whatever. I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,
Eddie_K

Joshp97
Starting Member

USA
32 Posts

Posted - May 22 2003 :  11:30:07  Show Profile  Visit Joshp97's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have built quote functionality. I know of no easy way to accomplish this other than add a quote flag to the ordering process and carry it through. A fair amount of code changes were necessary.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4266 Posts

Posted - May 22 2003 :  18:21:13  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The simplest way to do this is to add a non credit card payment called "quote". The customer shops as normal but instead of paying they select quote as the payment option. Both the merchnat and customer get confirming e-mails.

Later the customer comes back to the VP-ASP customer service, restores their quoted order and continues checkout and this time pays for the goods or services.

No code chnages are necessary.

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000