Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Template for one product only
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ken Moyer
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - May 12 2003 :  00:59:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
My client wishes to have a form as a product. I would like to display it as part of the product layout but I don't want to change the standard layout I have for the other 600 products on my site. I have version 4.0 with the options package, is there a way to apply a template to just one product?
Thanks
Ken

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - May 13 2003 :  02:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, what ever is in the template field in the product record.

Go to Top of Page

Ken Moyer
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - May 13 2003 :  19:49:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried that but the layout did not change.

I put the name of the template file in the template field of the product. The layout did not change.
I put "Yes" to xproductwithhtml and got "No template has been specified"
I am currently using the default layout (slightly modified for colors & fonts) and I just want to apply this template to this one product. It seems if I use xproductwithhtml=Yes I will have to modify the tmp_productformat.htm to look like the default(standard) layout. I don't want to have to do this.

Edited by - Ken Moyer on May 14 2003 23:22:53
Go to Top of Page

hypertexas
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - May 15 2003 :  01:51:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm experiencing exactly the same problem!
Hopefully some kind coder with chime in.
Thanx,
john daigle

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 15 2003 :  04:39:54  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are two templates. One used when displaying products and one used for the extended description of the product

tmp_productformat.htm is used when displaying many products for a category. It does not change by product or category. In VP-ASP 5.0 it can change per category of products.

tmp_product.htm is the default template for an individual extended description. This can be overriden by putting a different name in the template field for a product.

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page

Ken Moyer
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - May 15 2003 :  09:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to have the extended description display by default for this one product?
If not I assume I will have to upgrade to 5.0, put the product in a category by itself and then define a page for that category.
Is there an upgrade charge for 4.5 to 5?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00