Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Announcements
 VPASP 8 IS URGENT!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AleChe91
VP-CART New User

Italy
127 Posts

Posted - March 20 2015 :  10:13:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.it/2015/02/finding-more-mobile-friendly-search.html

We really need to update the version 7 to the version 8!!

google will penalize those who will not be optimized for mobile devices

Version 8 is already optimized in theory ! but we can not wait ! if we will be penalized each lost position at the expense of competitors will be hard to regain

We just 1 month!

we have to do fast . and it is not my problem but to all users of vpasp

Alessandro

www.stockelettrico.it

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 20 2015 :  10:31:15  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Alessandro,

The wait is nearly over!

We are releasing VPCart 8.00 on the 7th of April.

So hang tight while we put the final touches on the pacs.

Thanks for your patience!

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Sales
Go to Top of Page

AleChe91
VP-CART New User

Italy
127 Posts

Posted - March 20 2015 :  11:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So we have just 15 days to make this improvement! :(

This is impossible

Alessandro

www.stockelettrico.it
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 20 2015 :  16:43:47  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Alessandro

What a lot of merchants are doing in the interim is switching to our hosting as you get a free mobile storefront included straight away that is compatible with Google out of the box.

That way they have time to do a comfortable upgrade to version 8 without being rushed.

http://hosting.vpasp.com

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Sales

Go to Top of Page

theringlord
VP-CART New User

107 Posts

Posted - March 21 2015 :  13:46:42  Show Profile  Visit theringlord's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is not possible to a lot of us. It is a minimum of about 4 months work for me to update our cart to your latest version. Perhaps you can indicate in your release what aspects can be easily adjusted to pass these tests and then the rest of the update occurs as needed?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 22 2015 :  01:30:31  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You will need to update your files to the latest release as we have used Bootstrap as the base for the responsive design.

This has been built right into the core of the new VPCart 8.0

Will get the demo up for you as soon as possible so you can see how it will look!

Thanks!

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Support
Go to Top of Page

motonet
VP-CART New User

Spain
79 Posts

Posted - March 22 2015 :  16:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I don´t know if it is relevant but, I have two sites in Spain, 1 of them running on VPASP very well positioned (for various searches in its category, is first in the results in google.es) The other domain it is not so well positioned, and it does not run on VPASP
We obviously have a Google account for merchants and we use Adwords, Analytics, etc, as I suppose all of you do.
We have received the notification this week directly from goolge ONLY about the other site, not on the vpasp site.
Dont know if this means that google it is not thinking about to penilize our VPASP site yet.
Of course, we are worried about this, and we are going to upgrade our site to V8 asap, but maybe google is going to give us some more time to update our web to be 100% mobile compatible and is still considering it usable.
30% of our visits are from mobile devices at this moment, they are certainly growing and this gives an idea of the importance of a mobile front store.

Diego
Go to Top of Page

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - March 29 2015 :  18:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since there will be only a short period between the release of 8 and Google''s mobile algoritm coming into play would it be possible to get the manuals now? It would be nice to get whatever headstart on this we can. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 31 2015 :  08:24:43  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,

If hosting with us you get a mobile store included with the hosting so you are covered for the deadline already.

Thanks!

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Support

Go to Top of Page

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - March 31 2015 :  14:56:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cam,

I just moved 1 site there as a test. My main site and the site that really drives my income is what I''m concerned about. It also has custom shipping routines that I need to maintain. I''ll probably move that too but I''d like to be able to know what''s coming .

Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi Chris,

If hosting with us you get a mobile store included with the hosting so you are covered for the deadline already.

Thanks!

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Support

Go to Top of Page

motonet
VP-CART New User

Spain
79 Posts

Posted - April 01 2015 :  03:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ordered mine:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/shopvpcart800preorder.htm

Diego
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 01 2015 :  11:32:19  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great stuff!

Thanks Diego

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00