Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Search Engine Optimisation
 SEO Ranking of Products Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AleChe91
VP-CART New User

Italy
127 Posts

Posted - October 16 2014 :  09:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
using Vp-Asp and studying seo I''ve learned that the most important things to get a nice position for your products are in order:

1) TITLE
the most important factor absolutely for Google. You can set this factor on "meta title" on your product editor
(don''t put long title)

2) URL - H1
I put them together because of vpasp them controls both the factor "name".
(use relevant and common words, look "google trends" to see the powerfull words)

3) DESCRIPTION
you can set on "meta description". It can be long, i suggest to use same word of title and url to be powerfull

4) LINK AT THE PAGE
more link at the page = highest position on google. Try to share on facebook, or write on forums, articles, blogs

5) PAGERANK
between two pages with the same meta tags, google rewards the page with pagerank greater. It depends on many things, especially the quality of the site and seniority

6) USER BEHAVIOR
if users appreciate the page, = not immediately bounce off, rather they spend time and interact with the page, google rewards you and makes your page climb position. tries to make a nice GUI and to entice the user to interact with nice buttons

7) W3C validated
no errors = climb position
check it here http://validator.w3.org/

8) PAGESPEED - ALT TAG - KEYWORDS
these parameters affect little, then you can do after the other
optimizes images, thumbnails can also have a quality not excellent. Use a good fast server. You will be faster so
place the code in the meta keywords, is not very effective but it is advisable

these are recommendations for improving the position of the pages, not to improve the position of your homepage. That is much more complex and depends on many factors.

If you set the pages in this way you will have improvements within 20-30 days. I highly recommend you use the right words (sounds stupid but it is always best to check google trends, you never know if people use our own words) and use them as much as possible

I would be happy to see your results in a few months. Let me know, email me at [email protected]

Alessandro

www.stockelettrico.it
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00