Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Layout of shopcustomer.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

louannarose
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - April 27 2003 :  15:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am missing something...

I want to alter the layout and content (not fonts and colors) of the shopcustomer page, for example, move the shipping table below the customer details table, add text or image headings to those tables, and alter and/or rearrange the text and elements on the page. Is that stuff controlled by html somewhere?

Thanks.

rodney
VP-CART New User

USA
75 Posts

Posted - April 27 2003 :  23:18:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The shipping information below customer information is standard feature in vpasp and can be controlled by the config menu

-Rodney
Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - April 28 2003 :  06:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The customer form is formatted in shopcustomerform.asp which is called by shopcustomer.asp. Very little of the formatting is done in shopcustomer, most is in shopcustomerform. This is where you can move the coupon, gift cert boxes, etc around.

Go to Top of Page

Drew
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - January 12 2005 :  23:26:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm interested in moving the shipping table below the customer details table too, but I don't see where it can be controlled by the config menu as rodney suggested. Can someone direct me as to where or how I can do this in version 5.50?

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - January 13 2005 :  06:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Drew-

You're looking for xshippingundercustomer. Setting this to "yes" will make the shipping form appear below the other customer information fields in shopcustomer.asp.

Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - May 02 2005 :  07:49:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My new client really doesn't like this page because he thinks it's confusing as to the left side being the billing information and the right side being the shipping information. I know you can put the shipping info underneath but the same situation occurs. I'm going to have to go into the code and put a title on top of these two tables that say something like "Billing" and "Shipping". It would be nice in the next version of VP-ASP, this was an option.

The other solution, of which I'm trying to decide which one is easier to do, is to change the ship to field names to say something like "Ship To City". Unfortunately these language fields are identical to the Billing fields. There is one Ship To field which is the name but it would have been nice, maybe next version again, if the rest of the Ship To fields had their own names.

I was impressed that out of say the first 10 things he told me he wanted changed I was able to do them in the VP-ASP admin. Now that makes it easy!
Jeff

Go to Top of Page

amylevenberg
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - January 11 2006 :  12:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jeff!

My client would also like headers on the billing and shipping columns. Did you ever figure out how to do this and would you mind sharing? I'd really appreciate it!

Amy

quote:
Originally posted by dcwebman

My new client really doesn't like this page because he thinks it's confusing as to the left side being the billing information and the right side being the shipping information. I know you can put the shipping info underneath but the same situation occurs. I'm going to have to go into the code and put a title on top of these two tables that say something like "Billing" and "Shipping". It would be nice in the next version of VP-ASP, this was an option.

The other solution, of which I'm trying to decide which one is easier to do, is to change the ship to field names to say something like "Ship To City". Unfortunately these language fields are identical to the Billing fields. There is one Ship To field which is the name but it would have been nice, maybe next version again, if the rest of the Ship To fields had their own names.

I was impressed that out of say the first 10 things he told me he wanted changed I was able to do them in the VP-ASP admin. Now that makes it easy!
Jeff

Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - January 12 2006 :  08:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I added the headings to VP-ASP 5.5.

This is what I did. For the Billing side, in shopcustomerform.asp in the ShopCustomerForm subroutine, I added after Response.Write(TableDef):

if mid(lcase(request.servervariables("SCRIPT_NAME")), instrrev(request.servervariables("SCRIPT_NAME"), "/")) = "/shopcustomer.asp" then
  Response.Write("<caption style=""font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold;"">Billing</caption>")
end if

In the same file in subroutine ShopShippingForm again after Response.Write(TableDef), I added:

Response.Write("<caption style=""font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold;"">Shipping</caption>")

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

amylevenberg
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - January 13 2006 :  14:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Jeff!!!! You are a great help!!!

Amy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00