Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Credit card fraud and hackers
 SQL and shop$config
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DSopel
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - April 25 2003 :  14:37:55  Show Profile  Visit DSopel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am wondering about the security implications of shop$config being in the same directory as the rest of the store on an MS-SQL installation. That file contains the IP address, username and password for SQL access. Is this an issue and does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do if it is?
Thanks,
Dale

williamj
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - April 26 2003 :  11:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This also has crossed my mind. Does someone have an answer?

Go to Top of Page

rsack
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - May 13 2003 :  11:45:33  Show Profile  Visit rsack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't believe you can read an ASP page so it really doesn't matter. Without a response.write, there is nothing to read.

The problems occur when ISP's put the database in the same directory as the store.

Go to Top of Page

olddog
Starting Member

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - May 13 2003 :  18:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really dom'y know much about the IT problems, but for some time I have not seperated my database from my site, (didn't get my hodt to put it on theur server) and I had a lot of problems. Things kept changing on my site, were getting lost.
Now, that it's seperate from the site, these problems have stopped.
On the other habd, I get a lot of fradulent attempts to use credit cards. This is costing a lot.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00