Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Show Discount amount or original price
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pdieppa
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - December 04 2013 :  17:05:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I have started to work with Customer Groups and its discounts.
Let''s say I create a group called DEALERS and provide a 10% discount. After adding a customer to the group, is it possible to show the item price and discounted price at the same time? Right now it only shows the discounted price. If I log off, the I can see the original price.

Thanks
PD

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - December 06 2013 :  03:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PD, i dont think you will able to show both prices until you customise it.when the customer already been in the group of discount, every after he login, original price replaced by the discounted price.
Diego.
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - December 06 2013 :  09:21:41  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what if put a price into retail price ?
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - December 06 2013 :  10:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
if you put the same value into cprice and retailprice, this would only work for customer groups that get a discount. Other customers will see 2 identical prices - one with a strikethrough which I think would not look too good. We have a few different customer groups and when they registered we sent them an email explaining that the prices they see on our site when logged in are the discounted prices. That''s all you should need to do.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

pdieppa
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - December 09 2013 :  17:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carrol and serjtankian, populating the retailprice is a viable option and pretty easy to do with SQL.
Now, one issue I am running into is the discount is not applying to all orders. I made the changes live on Friday and some orders and getting the discount and some are not.

All customers are part of the group since it is a dynamic using SQL. Now, I can replica this scenario:

New customer adds an item to the cart, at this point, no discount has applied which is Ok.
The customer begins the checkout process and creates an account. Even at the very end before entering their payment info, the discount has not applied. My guess is that when they check out, the prices are not recalculated by the cart and the customer is charged full amount. I think if they create the account or login first, everything works ok. It''s the creating an account with items in the cart before the discount has applied, since again, the discount only applies after they login.

Something else I noticed. I login and add an item to the cart. It shows the correct discount. When I log off, the cart does not recalculate and lookup the correct price, it still shows the discount even after I log off. Don''t get it.

I have a case open with VPASP regarding the handling of cookies and the cart. I wonder if all this is related to the cookies. I''m not on the latest version but applied the fix for the cookie handling a while back. VPASP is not deleting the cookies properly. I add an item to the cart. When I delete the item and view the cart again, the same item comes back. The only way I can get rid of them is to manually delete the VPASP cookie.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - December 10 2013 :  04:33:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi PD,

yes our site too has experienced major issues with the cart cookie, but if you contact support they should apply the latest code to help with the ''stuck'' carts.
You could change the cart setting so that customers have to login/register an account before they can start shopping.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

pdieppa
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - December 10 2013 :  09:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol, I haven''t heard back from them today but hopefully that will get resolved. I don''t think the discount issue will be resolved with the cookies. It is happening to all new customers that add items to the cart before creating their account and checkout.

I read about that functionality but we need the customer to window shop. Forcing them to create an account or login before seeing the catalog would not work well in our case. We are a Business to Consumer oriented website. If we were B2B I would implement that function.

I have to solve this issue with the discounts today one way or another. I may have to update all cprice with the discounted price, populate the retailprice with the original price and forgo the customer group discount until VPASP can fix it. I really want it to work since we are planning on having different price levels for different customer groups in the near future.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00