Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Changing font sizes in tmp_product templates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - April 23 2003 :  22:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please help - how do I change the font type and size (especially the size) when using tmp_propductthumbnail.htm and tmp_productformat.htm templates? I really like the ideas behind these templates - a really great feature - but I can't figure out how to change the font sizes that are displayed for the products on these. Thanks in advance.

midobu
Starting Member

USA
42 Posts

Posted - April 24 2003 :  13:49:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Open and edit those templates with any text editor.
Locate a word between [ ] parts where price or other values have shown on page.
Type HTML code to change the font type and size.

For example,

<I><B><font size="2" face="Arial">
[formatcurrency cprice]
</font></B></I>

Go to Top of Page

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - April 24 2003 :  17:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the attempt, I do appreciate you trying. I used your example and the only thing it does is change it to Italics. I tried substituting font sizes from 1 to 7 with no results. Adding or removing the bold also seems to have no effect. I've seen this on other sites (like the Posh site that looks so great) so I know it can be done. Any other ideas out there?

Edited by - cwalters on April 24 2003 21:59:37
Go to Top of Page

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - April 26 2003 :  10:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't find the answer so I finally asked the great folks at VPASP and they were able to help. Midobu, thanks for answering, you were right but there were other things that must be done 1st for the normal font rules to apply. VPASP is now governed by a style sheet which takes priority over all other changes to the site. To take control of the fonts you can do the following:

A) Delete the P and FONT sections from the shop.css file
or
B) Delete the shop.css file altogether.

According to the VPASP guys the style sheet was included at the request of some customers but was not part of the original VPASP design and isn't required at all. I removed the file. What a difference! Now I have control!

Just thought I'd pass this along since so many people have read this thread - it seemed like maybe I wasn't the only one with this question.

Thanks again to VPASP and Midobu for you help.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00