Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Encrypt / Decrypt credit card numbers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RobertIveson
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - April 23 2003 :  10:21:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
I can encrypt credit card numbers fine - they appear encrypted in the database, but how on earth do I decrypt them?
I can't find much documentation about this function, and running shophash just returns a blank page. Can anyone let me know just how I can decrypt the card numbers?

Thanks!

Robert

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 23 2003 :  16:56:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The are decrypted automatically when you use the VP-ASP display Orders facility (shopa_displayorders.asp). That is the only place they are ever decrypted in our supplied code

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

tgoatman
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - May 22 2003 :  08:41:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just testing the free add-on shopa_exportorders.asp. The credit card data in the exported file remains encrypted. Is there an easy way to decrypt that data as the exported file is created?

Go to Top of Page

markos12
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - May 09 2004 :  17:01:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same problem

I got all my DB sorted and we need to print out the Order tables with the CC numbers for Sage

What encryption algorythm is used?

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 09 2004 :  17:46:21  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Take a look at file shopa_displayorders.asp for the few lines that decrypt the credit card numbers.

You will need to add this logic to any export routines. We have specifically limited VP-ASP to very few places where we decrypt the card numbers

One of our security recommendations is not to keep credit card numbers for longer than necessary

Vp-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00