Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Forcing a default address on pick up option
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
VP-CART New User

149 Posts

Posted - March 14 2013 :  14:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I need the cart to force the address of our (physical) store whenever anyone selects pickup as an option.

The reason being is because we are to charge taxes based on shipping location. We are in Ontario Canada and if someone from BC or the United States places an order for pick up, it calculates the taxes based on their purchasing locations.

I don''t need it to necessarily populate the "shipping address" form, but just need it to be sure that when it passes the information along, it is acknowledging the store address as the shipping destination so the appropriate taxes will kick in.

Please let me know if you might have an idea how to do this.

Thank you,

Dustin

[email protected]
VP-CART New User

149 Posts

Posted - March 15 2013 :  11:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Almost there.

I can use shoptax.asp to add the tax pending on chosen shipping method (specifically pick up). I''ve been trying to use the GetSess("shipmethod") to compare the variable.

Anyone know if there is a handy way of getting the shipmethodid?

Everything else is working, I just need to pull that variable in as the trigger for the if statement
Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
VP-CART New User

149 Posts

Posted - March 15 2013 :  11:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a temporary solution, I just used lcase(left(GetSess("shipmethod"),4)) to compare the first few characters in the shipmethod. It''ll work as long as they don''t change the text.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00