Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 The USPS Add-on and Parcel Dimensions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

max
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - December 03 2012 :  16:57:03  Show Profile  Visit max's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone,

The USPS add-on doesn't seem to use any dimensional info of the parcel being shipped while USPS will check parcels with a volume larger than 1 cubic foot to see if the dimensional weigt is larger than the actual weight.

Has anyone tried to address this problem?

Regards,

Max

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - December 12 2012 :  18:45:12  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What are you needing done? Just to pass through if it's an oversized item for addl shipping charges?

If so, you can use one of the pother1-5 fields to add in an "OVERSIZED" = Yes to the calculations.

If you want to specify dimensions to pass through, then maybe this helps -
http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/kb/574-Troubleshooting/917-UPS-Realtime-Package-Dimensions/
Go to Top of Page

max
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - December 13 2012 :  00:42:04  Show Profile  Visit max's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks#65292;savvymedias.

I'll take a look at the UPS implementation.

Right now, I have a simple solution: I'd calculate the volume weight for each item and the add them up. Then I compare the total volume weight with the total actual weight if the total volume is over 1 cubic foot, and use whichever is greater.

Regards,

Max
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00