Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Search Engine Optimisation
 Changing Title Tags
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cps
VP-CART New User

South Africa
69 Posts

Posted - September 05 2012 :  09:21:59  Show Profile  Visit cps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've changed the Meta Titles on some of the pages of my website but it the name of the website displays before every title:

The CPS Warehouse Online! - Christmas Decorations | Christmas Decor | Christmas Trees | Baubles | Wreaths

I would like it to display at the end rather or not at all - for SEO purposes. Can anyone advise me on how to do this?

www.thecpswarehouse.co.za

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 05 2012 :  09:42:04  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
edit "shopheaders.asp" in notepad, and look for any of the following 3 lines (depending on whether you want to change category, product, or content title/tag derivation) -
sub SetupdynamicCategory
sub SetupdynamicProduct
sub SetupdynamicContent

Underneath those lines you'll see how it derives the data from the relevant table; you'd just change the relevant lines , for example, in "sub SetupdynamicCategory" you'll see a line like:

SetSess "Dynamictitle",GetConfig("xtitle") & " - " & RemoveHtmlheaders(tempname, "<br />")

you'd change it to:

SetSess "Dynamictitle",RemoveHtmlheaders(tempname, "<br />")&" - "&GetConfig("xtitle")

do the same kind of thing with all 3 of those functions and that should sort it out.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

cps
VP-CART New User

South Africa
69 Posts

Posted - September 06 2012 :  08:38:01  Show Profile  Visit cps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That really helped - thank so much.

www.thecpswarehouse.co.za
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00