Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 custom created fields
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kumar
Starting Member

Thailand
18 Posts

Posted - June 04 2012 :  02:48:54  Show Profile  Visit kumar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am a gemstone dealer in thailand and i need many more fields like size, carat weight, shape , size and more... I have used the pother fields and i need more fields... So i started to use the customer created fields option and was succesfull in creating them and i am able to view it in the back end....however now is where i am struck... I need to call them in the front end.... when i read in the forums and help notes it says that add these fields to the products table in the database....how do i get that done..... what is the code and where to add....an example say field name is 18.30x15.00x2.75 mm and the caption is size....any help is very much appreciated

kumar
Starting Member

Thailand
18 Posts

Posted - June 05 2012 :  10:30:45  Show Profile  Visit kumar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can anyone please help me?
Under customer created field. Say the field name is "mm"
Caption is "size". I have enabled xcustomerotherfields and xcustomerothercaptions, but I dont know how to call at front end. After spending hours and hours... i could see only one answer

"It means that you have not physically added these fields to the customers table and orders table. VP-ASP simply updates and displays these fields. It does not actually add the field names to the database. That is your responsibility using Microsoft Access, SQL Server or MYSQL tools."

I am using MSSQL server and vpasp 7. I could see the details in back end, after i enable the xcustomerotherfields and xcustomerothercaptions , but i really need to know , which file i have to use to call these details in front end and what is the coding i should use. (I need to call these details , in the product detail page , which is tmp_product.htm)

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
regards

Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - June 05 2012 :  12:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are using MSSQL database then you will have to create the new colums (fields) using a SQL query which you run on the server. This is custom work and is not for inexperienced database users.
Please contact support for a quote - they are very good and their rates are competitive.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00