Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Second site changes affecting first site
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neoshady
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - January 16 2012 :  17:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have set up a second site in a new folder with a completely separate database, but a few changes that I making to the new site and being reflected in the old site: I asked my client to note what was happening and this is his report:
"Thanks, tried taht and no luck, but my client has noted the following, which all seems a bit odd:

"Tried inserting URL links into the extended description page in the advanced field section of the product setup in vp-asp

Worked fine on the new site but then experienced problems with our published site. Found that certain ways of payment where missing,

Vat was not included in the final payment and an extended description of the product was present on the order confirmation page,

I have since removed the links and the published site has reverted to normal working.

If I activate extended description in the new site it also activates the extended description on the published site"

Any help would be gratefully received

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 16 2012 :  19:24:35  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

You need to make sure the xshopid setting in the shop$config.asp file is unique for each site on the server.

Try updating this and see if this resolves the issue.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp

Did you know VPASP now offers premium Cloud based e-commerce web hosting?

Ask me for more details on how we can help you with a complete solution to your
online needs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00