Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Paypal Shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

osgolf
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - November 21 2011 :  20:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to pass the customers shipping address information to PayPal Pro?

We were using simple PayPal add to cart buttons on our old site that didn't use a shopping cart and the customer would enter their information on PayPal's end and we were able to print our shipping labels right there on PayPal. Since launching our new site using VPASP and upgrading to PayPal Pro, only the customer name, order id, and total are passed to PayPal?

I REALLY appreciate any help or ideas regarding this!
Thank you,
James

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - November 23 2011 :  02:59:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you look in the documentation for paypal, there are no shipping address fields available to pass:

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_Appx_websitestandard_htmlvariables

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

osgolf
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - November 23 2011 :  11:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I saw that as well. I supposed the old way we used to do on our site using PayPal's add to cart and checkout button the customer could only enter "their" address information on paypal because it would use their billing address as also their shipping address whereas using the shopping cart now someone could have a different shipping address from their billing address. I'll contact paypal development support and see if there are any workarounds for this.

Thanks for your reply and looking into this..
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - November 25 2011 :  23:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
post me a follow up how you go with this , i want to know more about this :)
thanks before.
Diego
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00