Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 subject for gift certifcate emails
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - November 19 2011 :  14:01:17  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know where the subject is defined for the emails that are sent out with the gift certifcate numbers? I want to change to from "gift certificate" to something that doesn't sound quite so spammy.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - November 20 2011 :  00:34:28  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know the default template for the gift certificate email is tmp_gift.txt. Does that help?

Redco Audio
www.redco.com
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - November 21 2011 :  10:20:04  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gift.txt gives the message of the email, but not the subject line in the header.

I suspect there is a call somewhere that puts langgiftcertifcate in there, but I can't find the file that tells VPASP to send an email.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - November 25 2011 :  23:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
u need to do the changes in ASP file, the file is called shopgiftdb.asp.

open the file using editor, any thing can be, e.g. notepad, wordpad or other editor, and then spot to this code in about line 201:

mailPerson strGiftToname, strgifttoemail, strgiftfromname, strgiftfromemail, GetLang("LangGiftCertificate"), GiftMessage,attachyesno

the "GetLang("LangGiftCertificate")" is the subject. if you want to change the subject, then change to anything you want.
if you want to change subject to maybe abcdefg, then code will look like :

mailPerson strGiftToname, strgifttoemail, strgiftfromname, strgiftfromemail, "abcdefg", GiftMessage,attachyesno

try that Lori, i think mine should work, you can give it a try.

Hope you get the best in your try.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00