Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Admin updating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - October 27 2011 :  04:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Have been using Ver 6.5 for a long time but my my admin update product screen has stopped working and am not able to alter any product details without going into advanced editing where I am able to make the changes and save the update. This is not very convenient when you are changing the text in the description field anybody have an idea what has gone wrong.
I have also noted another problem when I make a purchase from my website using windows to log in I have no ploblem placing an order, but if I log in using an android device I can no longer place an order for a product that is on a single page and I get the following error "Product ID needs to be numerical" and the screen lets me return to the home page, but am still able to place an order for a product on an extended page which sends the order to the shopping cart in the normal way.

Hope somebody can help

Regards

Bob

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - October 28 2011 :  04:49:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bob, i have an experience that the 6.50 will not work in IE 9.0..browsers, maybe u are having this.
maybe you can try using firefox mozilla browser to update the products in admin and see how things are going then??

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - October 28 2011 :  06:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Diego
Thanks for that I have uninstalled IE 09 and reverted to IE 0.8 admin working fine now
Still have the second problem any ideas.
I have also noted another problem when I make a purchase from my website using windows to log in I have no ploblem placing an order, but if I log in using an android device I can no longer place an order for a product that is on a single page and I get the following error "Product ID needs to be numerical" and the screen lets me return to the home page, but am still able to place an order for a product on an extended page which sends the order to the shopping cart in the normal way.

Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - October 29 2011 :  03:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rmgolf, i have no experience in using android stuff so could not able to give you any ideas...
is the android also have ie browser ?

Diego
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - October 29 2011 :  04:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob,

this type of error usually occurs when you change the formatting of the order button and quantity box on tmp_productformat.htm. If you can, change back to the original template and try in different browsers.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - October 30 2011 :  13:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carol
Have never changed the formatting of the order button and quantity box, how can I change the browser mobile phones and tablets run using there own systems so I need to make the order button compatable, although it is compatable if I select a product through an extended page which has productfeatures to select from, then it will take the order through to the shopping cart, the problem only occurs when the order button and features are on the first page.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00