Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Show total products in main cat.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xcraft
Starting Member

Hong Kong
3 Posts

Posted - October 25 2011 :  18:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, we found another thing that looks a bit weird to the average customer: Main Product Categories, that show (0) products, because the products are divided into sub-categories. For instance:
...............>Cola (4)
Soda's (9)..>Orange (2)
...............>Other (3)

Now, it looks like this Soda's (0), therefore... why click on it?

Shouldn't the Main Category counter add-up the total products in a category, regardless of its product division into subcats?

This must be such a common problem, there's probably a standard button to fix this... however we haven't found it yet. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Regards,
Pieter
SportDietShop.com

Edited by - xcraft on October 25 2011 18:06:01

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 25 2011 :  22:44:01  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you'd need this:

Product/Category Fixing/Reporting Utils for VP-ASP - BYZ055:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/product-category-fixing-and-reporting-tools-for-vpasp-from-bigyellowzone-byz055.asp

If/when you've installed that, then the relevant fix for your issue is this menu option that you'll see on the BYZ055 screen:
Stage 9 - SubCategories but no Categories on Matrix

ie that will do this kind of thing for you:
"I've got a category a>b>c, but the products are only stamped onto a>b>c, I also need to stamp them onto a>b, and onto a, so that no matter what category level I query at, I can always get a relevant list of products that are in/under that category - fill in the gaps please just by pressing a fix button"

Standard vpasp only holds those prodcategories at the bottom category level (ie you enter the most bottom-level categories that are relevant to the product), it just doesn't store the data by default for the levels going up the tree; you'd need to fill in the gaps in prodcategories via something like byz055 to be able to do the relevant query.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on October 25 2011 22:45:02
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly