Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 pages in shopdispalyproducts.asp error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rockdale
VP-CART New User

USA
76 Posts

Posted - October 14 2011 :  02:49:45  Show Profile  Visit Rockdale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=4&cat=Wreaths
is required before I can request
/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=2

is there a way to call page=2 by adding it to the first url

I tried this and it doesn't work

/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=4&cat=Wreaths&page=2

Michael Kelley

zachary
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - October 14 2011 :  04:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Michael Kelley,

you can try
shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=2&id=4

hope this helps

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Rockdale
VP-CART New User

USA
76 Posts

Posted - October 14 2011 :  04:34:05  Show Profile  Visit Rockdale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many Thanks, Works perfectly!

Michael Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Rockdale
VP-CART New User

USA
76 Posts

Posted - October 14 2011 :  08:28:00  Show Profile  Visit Rockdale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oops, I found that after the session timed out, it doesn't work. Any other ideas? it seems as if it needs to go through the categories call first. To build the session of pages.

Michael Kelley

Edited by - Rockdale on October 14 2011 08:28:45
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 14 2011 :  09:04:04  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're using a pre-v7 version of vpasp, then you'd need to make a fairly major customisation to re-calculate the query at the relevant time, or to use something like this which does it automatically:

Enhanced Paging/Searching for VPASP - BYZ116:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/enhanced-searching-and-paging-for-vpasp-from-bigyellowzone-byz116.asp

with byz116, the url is a full one (ie similar to v7 of vpasp), but it's totally independant of the session (ie it uses the query arguments on the url), so a search engine can hit 100 different pages/urls all at the same time and it'll still get the correct result for each one (and likewise you'd be able to post a "page=2" url as a link and it'd always load page 2, ie it doesn't need you to visit the original page first, and google will also be able to index it properly).

with pre-v7 versions of vpasp, google simply won't be able to index any of your page2 onwards urls; you'd need something like BYZ116 to do that.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: