Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Categories Left and Horizontal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bradrob
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - September 21 2011 :  12:26:27  Show Profile  Visit bradrob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm having a problem with being able to retain the current location in the categories on the left column, for example if i was to browse to a sub category to show all the products i would like the menu on the left to show the department expanded and revealing the sub categories so that you are still able to see what other sub categories are available as well as the one you are currently looking in.

when currently browsed to sub2

this is how the menu should look
Dept 1
--- sub1
--- sub2
Dept 2
Dept 3

but it currently looks like this
Dept1
Dept2
Dept3

Also i would like the horizontal nav bar to show the current page that you are on, so if you click on the about button from the top nav bar once the page is loaded i would like the css hover option to highlight the link to this page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - September 21 2011 :  21:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
brad, Go to your administration then go to Column Categories then set Categories Style? to Dropdowns.

Maybe this will help.

Diego M.
Go to Top of Page

bradrob
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - September 22 2011 :  09:41:58  Show Profile  Visit bradrob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Diego i already have it set to this the problem is that once you have clicked on the sub category you want, the tree then closes back down and if you want to browse to another sub category in the main category you have to open up the main one and then select the sub but i would like the main category to remain open in the menu after you have got to the category you want.

Thanks
Brad
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 22 2011 :  10:41:18  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure exactly how the new versions of the generic vpasp flyout menu work regarding that, but I think our expand/collapse menu does what you're after:

http://www.bigyellowkey.com/expand-collapse-category-menu-for-vpasp-from-bigyellowzone-byz137.asp

We recently changed that addon so that you can configure it to do different things depending on which bits you click on etc.

ie if you're on a parent/nonbottom-level (ie expandable) category, then you can choose to expand+display, displayonly, expand-only, and you can configure it to do a different thing for the +/- icons compared to what it does when you click on a category text link.

It remembers what you've already expanded, and (by default) will force expansion of a branch that you click on if that branch isn't already expanded.

We've configured the demo to navigate when you click on an expandable category text link, but you can configure it to just expand/collapse without navigating if you want.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: