Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 specific category to show up in a page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ahmed1989
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - September 15 2011 :  07:23:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I was just wondering if you could help me

is it possible to change the product view into a set of thumbnails ? for instance

http://www.soundevo.co.uk/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=21&cat=Brands

How can I change this page for example

http://www.soundevo.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=119&cat=AEZ

to make it like the brands page and just show images in that sense rather than listing it

Edited by - ahmed1989 on September 15 2011 09:47:04

ahmed1989
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - September 15 2011 :  08:25:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've created the new page which for my testing purposes I have named test. The next problem I now face is how do I then get a specific category to show up in that page.

For example in my test category I want it to show manufacturers and then have different vehicle manufacturers being shown.

My question is if i create the manufacturer category (allow it to have sub categories) and then make each manufacturer a sub category (and say that the higher category is manufacturer), how can I then get the manufacturer category to show in thumbnail view on my test page

many thanks,
Ahmed
Go to Top of Page

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - September 15 2011 :  18:34:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

To change the products displayed on shopdisplayproducts.asp page, I suggest to make a modification to tmp_productformat.htm file. This is the template file for shopdisplayproducts.asp pages.

I believe you could find this template file in "templates/default-3cols/" folder.

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

ahmed1989
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - September 19 2011 :  05:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi g3nnin,

thanks for the reply, if I modify this file will it not change the products template on the products page ? I want to duplicate that page but change the view into thumbnails if that is possible ?

Thanks,
Ahmed
Go to Top of Page

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - September 28 2011 :  15:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ahmed,

The change will only affects on shopdisplayproducts.asp pages. If you are referring to shopexd.asp pages, then these pages are using different template file.

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00