Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Navigation Bar Mouse Over Color
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

deskline
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - September 15 2011 :  02:57:13  Show Profile  Visit deskline's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have changed the default text colour on the Navigation Bar menu (VPASP7) to white, only to realise that the mouse over color is also white. Have searched everywhere but can't locate where I can alter the mouseover to a different color. Can anyone help please ?

zachary
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - September 20 2011 :  03:46:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
u can change the mouse over color in templates/yourtemplate/css/menu.css
look for :
table#horiz_nav td a:hover {
color:#fff;

hope this can help.
Go to Top of Page

deskline
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - September 22 2011 :  02:55:49  Show Profile  Visit deskline's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply, but this entry does not seem to change the hover color. FFF is red, and currently the hover color is white (I did change it to see what happened but didn't make any difference).
Go to Top of Page

zachary
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - September 22 2011 :  04:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can i have your website url? maybe the file you changed was not the css sheet currently using? need to visit your site to have a look. :)
Go to Top of Page

deskline
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - September 22 2011 :  18:40:30  Show Profile  Visit deskline's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are currently using VPASP 6.5 live, but upgrading to VPASP7 which is not online yet. We are using 3 column format, so the menu.css file I had a look at is in templates/default-3cols/css/.
Go to Top of Page

seanfitzpatrick
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - October 06 2011 :  13:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grab Web Developer Tools for FireFox and use the CSS->View Style Information and this will help you find the style that is causing the issue/color.

Sean Fitzpatrick
Support Team
Krack Media, LLC
http://www.KrackMedia.com

Building More Than Web Sites
. . . Building a Web Presence
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 06 2011 :  21:42:00  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another one we love is FireBug. Allows you to isolate CSS and HTML as well as doing speed testing too.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

deskline
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - October 10 2011 :  01:23:08  Show Profile  Visit deskline's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sean and Cam for your replies. I loaded Web Developer for Firefox and found the location I needed very quickly. For the record, I needed to edit menu.css and around line 61; ie:
table#horiz_nav td a:hover { color:#fff; }

Change fff to whatever colour you want your rollover to be

Have also started using Firebug and this is absolutely brilliant as well !
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - November 05 2011 :  03:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just found this from vpasp.com page the video to install firebug, i followed that and that worked :

http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/kb/615-VP-ASP-70-Video-Tutorials/1076-Video-Tutorial---How-to-Install-and-Use-Firebug-Addon-in-Firefox-Browser-to-Modify-CSS/

i want to share it with all the guys in here.

Diego,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00