Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 MySQL errors after move
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bengreen1980
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - August 09 2011 :  14:41:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Forum,
Prompt help appreciated.

We recently went live with a client site. We moved the site on to their VPS, imported the dasebase, made the required config changes and launched.

It quickly became apparent ordering was not working. On entering the customer details you got this:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.5.15]Field 'id' doesn't have a default value
/shopcustgrpsubs.asp, line 315

I did some light diggin and saw it was to do with customer grouping. So I turned off: xCustomerGroupDynamicAutoAssign

Ordering came back to life.... however, we have now found another issue. If we try to update or insert a product we get:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.5.15]Unknown column 'largeextendedimage' in 'field list'

/admin/shopa_addproduct.asp, line 0

Whats going on here?
Is this a MySQL version issue??

Edited by - bengreen1980 on August 09 2011 14:48:19

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 09 2011 :  23:15:30  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ben,

How did you do the migration? Did you export the entire table and structure first and re-import this into the new location?

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

bengreen1980
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - August 10 2011 :  02:36:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your response. Client is really on my back and I dont know what to tell them.
Yes. I used Navicat for MySQL as I have done many times before. Never had an issue moving a database with it previously.
Go to Top of Page

bengreen1980
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - August 10 2011 :  02:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also took a mysql dump (thankfully) from the dev server, and I have imported this into a temp database on the live server; comparing the two I can see some issue.

The id in customergroups is not Auto Increment, I gather this is why I was getting the first error. I fixed this table, turned xCustomerGroupDynamicAutoAssign back on and its working!

So, looking at the second error below, when updating or adding products, can anywhen guess where the data issue may be?

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'
[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.5.15]Unknown column 'largeextendedimage' in 'field list'
/admin/shopa_addproduct.asp, line 0

Edited by - bengreen1980 on August 10 2011 02:56:03
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - August 17 2011 :  00:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ben, check if the "largeextendedimage" field is exist in your Products table. it is a default field in Products table i thought, so it should have in the table, but just to make sure if the field is exist in the table

Diego.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00